This policy was last updated in June 2018
The Burgess Group, LLC. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, www.burgessgroup.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Collection of Information
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address or most-recently-visited URL. However, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit contact information to us, such as name, phone, email address and mailing address by filling out a form or survey, registering your email address with us or emailing us. We may also collect personal information from you at other points on our site that state that personal information is being collected.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Burgess’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Burgess about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Burgess, our customers, or others.
Use of Information
We use personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information for internal marketing purposes, for trend analysis, for pattern detection and for site administration. However, we do not use personally identifiable information collected from the website to send unsolicited mailings to you. Of course, if applicable, we do use personally identifiable information to perform the services for which such data was collected (i.e., if you sign up for an email newsletter, we will send the email newsletter to the address you provide us). We may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use your information in order to administer and manage the site or communicate with you about the site.
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of the email.
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer included in each communication or by emailing us at the reply address of the email or you may contact us by phone at 800.637.2004.
Third Party Sites
This policy only addresses our activities from our servers. Other sites (including those that we link to within an advertisement, article or otherwise and third party sites or services with which we offer or co-brand) may have their own policies, which we do not control and thus are not addressed by this policy.
Review and Removal of Your Personally Identifiable Data
If you provide us with personally identifiable information to have us perform ongoing services to you, we will provide you with a way to review the information we have on file and either change or remove such data. To do so, please notify us via post or email and we will provide you with your contact information for review. To make changes, send us the changes and we will respond to your request for access within thirty (30) days of the request. Unfortunately, to the extent that such information is also stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. If you wish to have information you provided to us online removed from our records, please provide us with the information as you submitted it to us at the address above. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from our records.
Cookies and Other Tracking Methods
When you view our website, we might store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on our site. Cookies, which are tied to personal information, do not spy on you or otherwise invade your privacy, and they cannot invade your hard drive and steal information. Rather, they help you navigate a website as easily as possible. Cookies can help us provide information that is targeted to your interests and they allow us to better understand how users use our site, which in turn helps us focus our resources on features that are most popular with our users. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site, including our registered customer account web sites may not work properly in that case.
Third Party Tracking
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Website.
Amendments to this policy will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Burgess understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Company sites covered by this privacy statement are not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13 years. It is Burgess’s policy never to knowingly collect or maintain personal information about children under the age of 13.
No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 800.637.2004.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email or by means of a notice on our home page.